Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The rain on my face

Today was a nice day for me...

After getting some work done, I got on the wrong bus while going to get some movie tickets I won because I saw a pretty girl. I had to get off several blocks from the office where I was to pick up said tickets and had to walk the rest of the way.

When I got to the office, the receptionist and I had a nice chat while she was getting me those tickets. When she said she wanted to see the movie, I said "Hey, how 'bout you go with me?". Too bad she had a jealous boyfriend that wouldn't allow such a thing.

Then I started wandering the city and somehow ended up downtown with a cheesecake square and a bottle of Fentiman's Ginger Beer. The beer was awesome but the square ended up giving me stomach pains.

After I was settled, I decided to go home right as rush hour started and had to squish my body against a mixture of sweaty arms and too much bad perfume on the train and bus.

And for the entire day, there was a light rain wherever I went. The feel of refreshingly cool droplets on my cheeks and the light mist streaming past my neck seemed like such a comfort to me. Like the water was washing away all the worries and the awkward thoughts in my mind.

So even though people were running for shelter or clutching tightly onto their umbrellas, I don't think I had ever walked any slower in my life. A perfect feeling I rarely experience and am never ready for.

Yes, it was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment