Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The sleep I miss

I'm awake again. Haven't slept all night again is what I think to myself as I stare grudgingly at my cell phone and look out my window at the sky still so dark.

I've had sleepless nights before as I have gotten used to working night shift jobs but I have always worked myself back to a respectable sleep cycle within a day or so. But now its been nearly two weeks and I still find myself up for far too long and not sleeping enough.

Wish I could blame it on my work or some sort of OCD that I display with certain video games but I can't. No, I blame all my troubles on a simple 2-line message I found on my IM. Of course this person was being breezy as usual with this type of thing but I bugged the hell out me then and it's still bugging me now. I'd go into it but I think I'd need another entire blog post for that.

If that weren't enough to make my mind race, I received a pair emails not more than a couple of days ago that kept me up during the day as well. And yes, whole other blog entry at some point about that too.

I know I know. Huge departure from my last.. well, any entry I've ever made on this thing. And rather cryptic and not well-thought out either is what I was thinking as well.

But that's just me sometimes with the sleep I miss...

1 comment:

  1. Warm, soft pillow and some hot chocolate (yes, with marshmallows), turn off the cellphone, ignore emails, turn on some chill out music and become one with the Broccoli of it all.

    [sits in lotus position, hears bones creak]
    Aaaaaooooouuuummmmm... Broccoli...

    Zzz... Zzz... Huh? Wha? Did you say something?

    ReplyDelete